Occupational Therapist: REF/OT/06/16
Reporting to the Senior Occupational Therapist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Developing individual treatment plans and administering relevant therapy regimes.
- Conducting regular evaluation of patients to assess progress and response to therapy, and revise treatment program as necessary.
- Participating in treatment team meetings to provide information regarding patient assessment and treatment program.
- Maintaining daily treatment evaluation notes of patients’ progress and discharge planning notes and summaries.
- Providing statistical information by preparing regular summaries on patients treated their conditions and progress.
- Providing training to other disciplines inside the institution on occupation therapy and special techniques or equipments used in patient care
- Instructing patients in the use of splints made and care of the same to avoid injuries like blisters.
- Adapting or modifying prefabricated equipment to meet individual needs, monitor use of adaptive equipment
- Preparing written treatment plan and Maintain a record of patients treated
- Providing training to other disciplines inside or outside the institution on occupational therapy and treatment.
- Recommending and advising the Chief Physiotherapist on the appropriate equipment for procurement according to departmental needs.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Occupational therapy
- Registered by the Kenya Occupational Therapy Association (KOTA)
- Extra training in splint age an added advantage.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good customer service skills
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
Head, Human Resources
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026
To be received not later than 8th July 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.