The Kenya Occupational Therapists’ Association (KOTA) is the national professional association established in 1974, to represent the interests and concerns of occupational therapy practitioners and students and improve the quality of occupational therapy services. KOTA membership is approximately 900 occupational therapists (Members). KOTA is registered with Occupational therapy African regional Group (OTARG) and world Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT)
Currently in Kenya, Occupational Therapists train in Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) at a Diploma level and Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) at a Bachelors degree level.
- To promote the development of Occupational Therapy.
- To establish, monitor and maintain proficient standards in the practice of Occupational Therapy.
- To establish and maintain professional ethics.
- Maintain an updated register of qualified Occupational Therapists in the country.
- To establish regional groups or branches of the national association throughout the country as the need arises.
- To promote research and dissemination of information.
- To raise funds through legal means to further the development of the profession.
- To publicise the work of the profession and foster liaison with other professional bodies.
- To promote Continuous Professional Development of members.
- To link Kenyan Occupational Therapists with other regional and world professional bodies.
01 Kenya Occupation Therapists Association: Kenyatta Market, Golf Course Building 4th flr. Rm 4.16. Opp. Mbagathi Hospital.
TEL: +254-725 498 254
02 Asked questions
Tel: + 254 - 721 211 741
Address brand: Our contacts directory.
Tel: +254 718 851 883